The following list was compiled to give a basic outline of possible job responsibilities and learning objectives for each student. Every student and every internship is unique; our shadow students, field students, and interns have been required to log 25-600 hours over the course of a semester (depending on their university or educational program)
These time requirements provide vast differences in the overall experience as the full time interns (600 hrs) will compile much more experience compared to those who are part-time. To continue to provide an excellent client experience, we want all of our students to be positive members to our team, no matter what the length of time they spend with us.
This will be a basic list of previous measurable responsibilities and expectations, but it is subject to change.
- Observe (initially) the training process and note the high attention to detail in both program design and coaching instruction.
- Education of all program components: warm up, flexibility, plyometrics, speed/agility, core development, power training, resistance training, energy system development, nutrition, etc.
- Interns will be introduced to forward thinking concepts such as; Postural Restoration Institute, Functional Movement Systems, Dynamic Variable Resistance Training, Strong First Kettlebell instruction, etc.
- Education will be given as to our core values and our coaching philosophy & methods that will be used when applicable.
- Expected to be execute active, respectful, and positive interactions with all of our clients and staff.
- As the internship progresses, the interns will be asked to aid in the training process in both the coaching and program design as their comfort and confidence grows over time.
- Attendance to schedule staff meetings and/or training sessions
- Participation in scheduled group class exercises.
- Facility upkeep responsibilities to be completed as a part of the team.
If you are interested in any internship, field work, or shadow & observation positions, please email us your resume along with a statement of your intent to receive further information.